Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrilled with joy and sad - usmleiosis
I think it is important to recognize that there are many not happy right now. Yes I was blessed with Match this year..but last year was the nightmare of my life when I read the words "Sorry, you did not match in any position." So please know I feel your pain. As I was sitting celebrating with my family during lunch time today, I could not help but be overwhelmed with sadness for all those (including my own friends and people I don't know)..that did not match today. I remember exactly how that felt and probably will never forget it...my eyes filled with so many tears I could not see my computer screen as I was applying for SOAP.
But please never give up hope. God will have a place destined for all of us. Do not blame yourself...and never blame God... may He answer all your prayers...be strong. Look forward.
awww thanks usmle and congrats so happy for you.. I hope to be in the same position as you next year Smile .

Congrats and
Thanks a lot usmleiosis for your kind words of encouragement.

beautiful message
Thanks for the kind words. How did you make yourself stronger for this match?
thx usmleiosis, also can you please mention which specialties you applied too
I applied IM and FM. I ranked FM right in the middle of the ROL, only because I thought the 2 FM i was invited to were very strong and the teaching was much stronger then almost half the IM programs I saw. At the end, I want to be a hospitalist and I could do that from either IM or FM. I of course have no idea where I ended up, but I am pleased regardless.

Last year I shot for the big fish university programs...got slapped on the face with that big fish..ouch! Learned my lesson and applied to community programs. Guys there r excellent community hospitals out there, much better than some of our university ones. I only wish I knew that earlier but a double 99 blinded me in ignorance. Anyway... apply wisely. The MAJOR factor that I think got me in..wherever ..are the LORs. Mine were very strong...I waived my right to read them.,..but at each IV..I kept hearing ...your LORs are exceptional,,,ect... Get an externship and get those LORs...it will not matter when you graduated...look at me..I am a 2001 grad (with GAPS on the resume!)...at the end...LORs got me through...this is what I believe at least..in my opinion. I had no connections nothing of that sort. This is all me..refusing to give up ...and it CAN be you next year...so Go ..make it happen because it is not impossible.
Loved the message. You are truly one of His. Many Blessings in this field. Hope to cross your path Smile
Thank you drcee. I hope today ends with no soul discouraged.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »