Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@klm380 / @fordp / @donb - shore
Hope you guys are all doing fine?
You are all active contributors on this forum and so just giving a quick shout out.
Good luck guys and thanks for your posts and advise.
I hope klm is doing fine.

Dont worry everything will be okay man.
Thanks for asking. I fully matched. Hopefully, in Anesthesiology.

My ROL was about 18 programs deep, and I know it was a bit of an overkill, but just wanted to be sure I match. I had 7 anesthesia interviews and the rest were IMs and TYs.

Other than that, I am an 2014 US IMG graduate, with high step1/CK scores and had my CS pass result in December of the interview season. I think many people (IMGs) did well this season, even though, at times, it seemed like an impossible endeavor. Will let you guys know what region and speciality I matched in come Friday. I sincerely wish the best outcome for everyone in this residency journey.
@fordp : excellent job!
Thank you @shore
I failed to match Sad it's devastating especially when I was almost 100% sure I would ..interviews went very well too but it is what it is.
Hope we all match next year
@dond: if you don't mind me asking you where did you apply and how many interviews did you get? Basically could you post your credentials (sorry I know you probably already did before)
@donb : don't worry about it. You have the right mindset. This process is very taxing mentally since it only takes place once a year (unlike a traditional job market). In the grand scheme of things, 10 years from now, when people are practicing medicine, it will not make a difference if one matched in 2014 or 2015.
@drpepper
I applied to 120 programs; 55IM, 55FM, 10 anesthesiology.
Got 5 interviews; 1 anesthesiology, 1FM, 3 IM.
YOG Nov. 2008, step 1:211, step 2: 225, CS passed all 1st attempt.
GC holder, 2 years usce
PD's were sweet to me at interviews, everything looked so promisingSad
I just don't know what I did wrong? I'm really easy going ( despite being an as.hole most times on the forum just for fun ..hahaha) & speak proper English!

@@shore.... thanks buddy.....All the best too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »