Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice for old grad :-( - match_com
Thanks a lot!
I cant believe his ,,, such post is so scary to me .. ur credential is amazing , yog is okay .. there is a guy who graduated 1998 and matched with 2 IVs ( probably by contacts ) coz his scores weren't any where near yours ... some is is very wrong with you application or u applied to 50 programs only !!!!!!!
I find hard to believe...
I applied to tons of programs, mostly community hospitals. It's hard for me to believe it.
We have similar credentials except for YOG. Your credentials are better than mine in scores even. You should have had more interviews. Some programs filter by the 5 year limit and never see the brilliant scores however. Other programs are less strict and filter at 7 years out post graduation. Though this match I ran into many older grads at interviews than I that had 260+ scores.

The only things I can think of to help you. Make sure to apply to IMG friendly programs. You can broaden to apply to IM and FM because they are similar. Make sure your PS is a work of art. Also you might have a LOR that's not so great and you need to be sure about that. At the place that I only did a two month observership at I didn't ask for a LOR from them because I wasn't there long to feel enough to feel comfortable about asking. I asked for LORs from people I could trust and who knew me.

Also maybe go for an externship or some research work for a longer period of time than the observerships to get better US LORs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »