Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To everyone who is starting residency in July! - 2014familymatch
@bcdoc1 I don't think it's like that in all programs. In the program where I was doing an obsie a 2nd and 3 yr resident were dating, no biggie and all knew about it and were cool with it and were in the same shifts. Obliviously, you have to act professionally and not act like's it's the love boat in the hospital Smile

@lake, no Bhai ..... but on the bright side of things, I can watch world-cup in complete peace Smile (and finish last step)
Last comment on this thread and probably on the forum!
All I asked was if we have time to date. The reason I asked is because its three years and it would be nice to meet someone and get married soon after finishing residency and start a family.
I am not trying to copy or make another "Grey's Anatomy"
Ya'll are too forward to think all the nasty things that certain people want from relationships! Please grow up because everyone he is a physician or going to be one in a few months!
Peace out
2014fm ...... Nooooooooooooooo, please don't leave ...... at least without saying goodbye to some of your admirers here!! You know I would have asked you out if you were not way out of my league .. Ha ha.
Now about dating while you are in residency, I say TOTALLY go for it. We are all matured and professional and so you will know how to conduct yourself accordingly. I believe all hospitals (and organizations) in the US will clearly spell out what their rules are. Reading some of the posts here I am very skeptical of the truth in the posts - I mean they make it sound like the PD will be going around with a whip ensuring that there is "order in the PD's house" .... LOL
your leaving a forum when slightly offended is totally not a predictor that you may quit a job (say residency) for an actual real offense.
bcdoc1 : Hah ... very true ... I cannot tell why this thread has caused the OP to quit the forum .... drama!!
bcdoc1...arguing with ppl for the wrong reasons especially when ppl are talking totally opposite from what I am saying is not my personality. I know when to just say" Ok im put" Doesn't mean i'll quit residency .
If that was the case I would not that have spent all these years in undergrad, then med school and then a whole year to prepare myself to match
Think before you open your mouth! HA!

Cases: Good luck to you buddy! It was nice sharing thoughts with you on this forum. Smile
Leaving the forum rabied since I'll be busy. Got nothing to do with this post...lol
2014familymatch : I see. Well if you do come around to the forum your input in other threads will be helpful to others, especially FM aspirants, as you are now an FM expert Smile
PS: Also for the record, I think there is nothing wrong with your romantic plans in residency.
@imtiaz, good luck with your last step. See you soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »