Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pa/ MPH.. - chicagogal
Hi there,

I am giving my Gre soon n I have sent my documents for Wes evaluation but I am still confused between PA and MPH..
Which one will help into getting residency??
Do you know any IMG's who did MPH or PA and got into residency?
Your response is highly appreciated. Thanks..
Hey guys..
Sorry I have been away for a while.

I think as per both career options. I guess nothing is good or bad. It depends on our choice(clinical- PA/ research work-MPH) and other factors to decide what we want to pursue with..
As per PA is concerned..It is not 4yrs..Its 24-28 months program. Almost equivalent to MPH.
Nobody actally knows what can get you into residency.. Important thing is we all are trying till we get in.
Also, I am little more biased towards PA, cz through my friends who are doing residency and working along with Pa's, they both do same kind of work. That is PA's work independently. So, I beieve, PA is good if you want to practice clinically and in the mean time if an hospital likes your work they can hire you for residency( May be there is a vacant spot as in soap or may be contacts help here). Nonetheless, you are still paid well as a PA and you are working in a clinical field.. I understand both fields require lots of money+ hardwork and still at the end nothing is guarnteed.
@ surabhi222: Pls contact me at aneshi154@gmaildotcom
@chicagogal but what about the prerequisites .have u started doing them b/c for me that is hardest part to invest an year for pre req. without any guarantees for pa admission .
We need few programs to apply for PA.. n there are programs available who accept us..we should work together and make a list..
I agree with you 100% chicagogoal, i will email you.

I was volunteering in a clinic and I see PA and the physician doing the same work, i feel it certainly boosts your application. This is the only way you can get a direct patient care and give you access to diagnose and treat patients.

I dont look into 3 or 4 years of time, because i dont find a better option, it is worth to pursue. You will always be around doctors and treating patients, and personally I dont feel like medical school education became waste.

I wish you all the goodluck with your journey.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »