Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOR uploading - aisha1
I have a query if I have lor from a doctor and i have not waived the right to see it , is it better to get it uploaded by the letter author or by my self?

also in the letter is it necessary to write AAMC# ( i think it will be mandatory). its just that i have a letter but without the AAMC#

can someone please reply soon i have to let the letter writer know.
If your LoR author is uploading the letter than you should waive your right. if you did not waive it than you are the one uploading it
The LoR request form comes with all the information related to you, you AAMC and ERAS ID number your assigned email etc....... so you have nothing to write in the letter request, it will be automatically generated once you put in the information
thanks jobel but i thought either i waive it or not LoR author will have to upload it.

but the thing is what is helpful even if i have not waived the right and LoR author uploads it will it make a good effect or it doesn't matter?
as I understand it, by not waiving it you send a signal to the PD that the letter was written to suit you because you and the LoR both work on it and probably adjust it and change it so it can look good for you. While if you waive it technically you give your LoR more flexible to be honest about you. There is no point in not waiving it and then having your LoR upload it. Before even deciding to waive it talk to your writer first to find out if he/she is willing to upload it for you. if he/she is not uploading it for any reason (time, too demanding and so on) than don't waive it and do it yourself
Do u know if my LOR author uploads to ERAS already can he send updated LOR if previous one he uploaded had mistakes?

thanks!
shigatox22 i think that is written in help section of lor that if there are some mistakes in the lor it cannot be deleted but a new one can be uploaded. programs will have access to the latest one. your letter writer can change the title as "updated lor"
ok thanks aisha just to make sure programs cant see the old LOR rt if a new one is uploaded?

we should make a skype group!
In the eyes of programs, do you think a year old LoR is better than a new self-uploaded LoR?

A lot of my letter writers do not like the new LoR portal system. Therefore either I use my old LoR (where the letter writer uploaded it) or upload a new one and do not waive my right to see it?
right shigatox22 thats what i understood even today when i uploaded lor it gave me the same msg.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »