Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSTP? what is physician scientis training program - kemo35
Hey Guys

what is physican sicentis training program PTSP?

advantages and disadvantages??

Is it highly competitive?

chances of being accepted?
They are geared for people who are interested in pursuing a career in research. Programs probably vary, but there is likely some required research, and not like a month, like 1-2 years devoted to research.

Advantages - if you are interested in doing research over or in conjunction with clinical medicine, it's great. You'll likely get published, etc.

Disadvantages - there are generally dedicated research years. If you have no interest in doing research, it's a waste of your time.

Highly competitive - depends on the program. My guess is most PSTP are at university hospitals which are competitive. I would think they are at least as competitive, if not more competitive than the regular track at a given institution.

Chances - what is your background? Do you have tons of research with pubs in top notch journals, you might have a shot. If you have no research, chances are probably low.
Thx a lot for your kind reply..I have no previous experience in Research in US but i am working as instructor at Pharmacology Dep at my Medical school in my country , I am fresh graduate 2012, ECFMG certified, and going to take step 3 on Sept .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »