Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help - Programs !! - dodi
Please share your ideas: I am an old IMG grad 2004. Outstandind undergrad career. Done with MD gen surgery at home country. 254,247, pass.. all 1st attempts. has research and publications in peer J. Need visa
Plan to apply to gen surgery, IM, and ped !! How re the chances and how many prog I should go for in each?
Help is appreciated.
Any ideas ??
offcourse your stats r good...but your year of graduation is a big factor...it's gonna be 11 yrs out of medical school when u apply this year.

in any case, you should apply to a good amount of programs...some where around the ball park of 100 or so..to maximize ur chances, wht u need to do it to find out the cut off of year of graduation for the programs...some programs say it's 5ys, some say it's 7 yrs, and some say they don't care..so u need to go after the one that says we don't care..otherwise, u will just wasting TONS of $$ just applying to a bunch of programs without knowing what their cut off is..

Even though ur step 1 score is great, u will have a hard time making that initial cut off regarding your year of graduation..so look into those programs who don't care, make a list, and apply..i hope that list comes out to 100 + programs for you

Good luck!
kindmd .. thank you so much. You are right. I need to figure out those who don't care. I will try my best to go for +100 programs as you said ..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »