Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need suggestions. LOR - mle26
Hi friends i am new here.

During my electives a few of my attendings were ready to give me Lor (which was last year).
They said they would write and keep it and will mail it when i need.
Now i started on my ERAS and so i contacted them.

One of them backed off saying she can't (she was the most interactive one and i had really thought that she would give an Lor).
And the two others have not replied to my mail (i have even sent a reminder email and a phone call).
I am so tensed....i am one Lor short.
I don't know how to apply with just two lors.
Is this a common phenomenon for attendings to first say yes and then NO?
Why don't they say NO the first time itself if they cant write one?
What should i do now?
Please help.

thank you.
Hi,
I had the same situation where a consultant promised me to write a LOR and then emailed saying that he wouldn't be able to!!
You still need one more LOR, so I would suggest using an old one if u r a repeat applicant or try to ask one of the seniors in ur local practice to write one for you.
@ahmed

thank you for your reply.

yes i think last resort is asking my seniors for one.
Actually a friend suggested that i should go to US and meet those attendings personaly (who have not replied to email yet).
But things at my home is complicated right now and i don't find my friend's suggestion a 'doable' one. And also doubt success rate of this plan.

What do you think about it?

Friends !!!
Anyone else faced such problem? if so then What did you do? Please reply.

thank you.

I faced a problem like yours. It had been 1 year and 3 months since I did my elective. There was not a response via email, I had to take it into my own hands and fly there and ask him in person. it was easier for me as I live in the states, but lesson learned for future applicants if you don't need a letter for that cycle get it a year and a half ahead IMO

It was very stressful, I understand your situation
@ kash_md

Thank you for you reply.
I am guessing that your trip turned out to be succesful and you got your Lor when you met the guy.

I wish i knew about this last year itself. And then would not have waited so long only to be turned down by them.

But what do you suggest me to do.

Thank you for your time.

Keep on trying, phone email, secretary etc etc

If your scores are really good, get attendings at your program to write them in the meantime
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »