Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMG - kcbutterfly228
Hi guys and girl,
I am an old IMG -DOG 2004, was working in Germany, 1 year neuroorthopedy, 3 years general surgery and 3 years dermatology.
Started with physio constanzo just 2 weeks ago, plan to finish in one week. Then patho - goljan and from beginning of December fa and uworld. Have behavioral -brs, biochem -HY and neuroanatomy - HY. So those are the books I want to read and read and read.... If I'll have some time left I'll read immono - KN. But as I am not realy remembering the stuff I learned 15 years ago I doubt if I will be able to read more than physio, patho, beh, neuroanatomy, biochem and fa.
My situation is not easy with 3 kids (10, 8 and 5) and parents who should help, but are not at all.
It is not easy to manage all of this, but I plan to take step1 in March.
Do you think it's doable? I am learning every single day 6-9 hours.
Anyone in same boat :-)))))) ??????
Whenever there is a will, there is a way. Go on ...
Hi kcbutterfly,

Same boat here… YOG 2005!
Easy is not an option for Old IMGs. You have a nice plan, and yes it is feasible. Just focus and don't stop, keep moving…

You did some different specialties in Germany… Smile and now, for what specialty are you going to apply?

Hi rush2014,
good to know that there are still some old grads who did not give up.
Well as to your q, I loved surgery and I l.l.ll.ooooved derma, but I know derma is impossible.
So let me just wait and see my scores.
The only thing I don't want is PSYCHOOOO!

I am sticking to my plan and reading every day, some days are better some are not that good.
I hope at the end the work will pay off!
Am an Old IMG with a young heart. kcbutterfly228, join me I am doing physiology. Please let me know how to get in touch with you. I am in US.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »