Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why should we choose you(img) rather than the usmg - usmlerock99
I think it's a dumb question.

If they want an AMG regarless of credentials, then fine. I mean, at the end of the day, programs just harm lives when they don't analyze their candidates right. Accepting someone who barely passed an exam just because he/she is AMG as opposed to accepting a better qualified IMG is not too smart. I'm all forth for countries to give preference to their citizens. It's the way to go, but I really would prefer my parents to be treated by a qualified physician and not one who barely passed. And I'm pretty sure that even the most patriotic of men would also want it that way.

If they have the same credentials- then why choose IMG? Highlight your qualities. That's all they're asking you to do. Highlight your qualities. No one on this forum can do that for you.
^ newsflash getting a 250 on USMLE doesn't make you a better physician. Most program lean towards AMGs because they have already rotated in US hospitals, worked with american physicians and understands the healthcare better than IMG folks. With the merger of AOA and ACGME, their will be less opportunities for IMGs now
"I am not asking for a correct answer. if you read the q, I'm asking: how do "YOU" answer, I am not asking for teaching me how to answer it!"

really? you aren't the only one with a brain. with that kind of attitude, you aren't going anywhere.
go for publications or experiences, most amgs dont have much experience in the 2 years they rotate they dont let amgs do much like in foreign countries, so u can use that in ur favor, u might have worked in a diverse multicultural setting, rural areas, seen exotic diseases anything that sounds good in ur cv, dont go bad mouthing usamgs use a politically correct way of bad mouthing them Smile
@ mdoid,
I sincerely would like to understand what the politically correct way of bad mouthing is like??
Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »