Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Gitte - map
Hi Gitte,
Congrats on matching !! I plan to apply for 2007 match.
Could you please tell me how to apply for California letter and how long does it take

Thanks
Map
Hi Map,

Thanks. You need to contact the Medical Board of California. Go on their web site www.caldocinfo.ca.gov . The CA Letter is also known as a PTAL (postgraduate training authorization letter). You can download most of the forms you need (except the fingerprint card) or you ask them to send you the whole package by mail. It costs about 500 $.
If you ask them, they will not get you a staight answer as to how long it takes. It takes anywhere from 3-9 months, so apply now if you can. Like I mentioned before, take action, if you feel it is taking too long. Your medical school needs to fill out some forms and send them directly to the Medical Board. To save time, have them do that right away. Good luck.
Thanks a lot Gitte and good luck on your residency
Hi Gitte, Map

I also want to apply for 2007 match. I have one additional question. Can we apply for PTAL if we are not in USA? Is it necessary to have a social security no. to apply for PTAL?

Gitte congrats for getting residency in ca. Map all the best, what are your scores.

Thanks
Pisum
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »