Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the fate of an ECFMG certified IMG, with .... - abe2014
Well it seems to be odd question but its reality too...can anybody tell what is the eventual fate of an ECFMG certified IMG who didn't get in to residency despite trying hard on ERAS/residency application, multiple years in a raw?? i have heard that “NO ECFMG CERTIFIED PERSON IN USA IS UNEMPLOYED”....what does it mean???Does it mean that anyone who passes all steps succeeds in getting residency at last (after many tries)??.........u guys what u think??????????????????
Who said "no ECFMG person in USA is unemployed"?? That is just plain not true, and I bet many of us here are living proof of that.
*ECFMG certified person
it is not that black and White, depends on multiple factors including Visa status.
In some states ECFMG certified can work as PA ( needs contacts, becomes very difficult if needs Visa)
Dear Interviewplace, Can you please tell me which states ECFMG certified can work as PA I am an old grad and ECFMG certified and US Citizen how can I work as PA? thanks!
Ecfmg certification is the minimum requirement to be considered for a residency spot, you need more than that to actually succeed. You need to finish a residency program to get a state medical license and board certification, only then can you work as a physician.
there is absolutely no fate my dear friend so go to your plan B if you want to live in USA.
Dear all, which states allow ECFMG certified Person to work as PA???
....applied for >200 places, 2 yrs in a row, but no even single IVs, my problem is attempts in step 1 & CS...
Any suggestion is highly appreciated !
none of the states will allow you to practice as PA without PA license. You have to gradute form accerdited school and get license.
What you meant probably was assistant physician and so far only one state passed the law check the link http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828255
@ zlatka81, Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »