Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what does it mean that a program is a teaching pr? - chuckchu
when people mention that a program is a good teaching program, does it mean that residents are being taught/lectured at ward rounds or what?
I thought teaching rounds is for med students alone?
any inputs guys??

I just wanna know what people mean when they say there's teaching opportunity in some programs?

i understand NY programs dont teach but what does that mean?
It is basically referring to the academics of the program and the level of teaching that occurs to the residents. A resident is still learning in residency with a hands on approach with more autonomy and independence.

I do not understand your statement of NY programs do not teach.
thank you rsz for the response.

what other form of teaching are provided for residents in the academic university programs?

I know residency is a learning program but outside teaching conferences, is there any other form of teaching that a resident should recieve from the so called teaching programs.

thanx and good luck
how is this a serious question .. like really? if a residency program isnt a teaching program...wtf is it?
@xpertdoc.......its a serious question for me because I dont know & wanna know. would that affect my ranking? NO

if you dont have answer to my question, simply exit from it without leaving behind some stupid statements that reflects your degenerate self
It means more time for academic activities, like lectures and protected time for study. The opposite being working 110% of your time during residency, with nothing of the mentionated above
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »