Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to boardreview - mstar
boardreview is nothing but an impostor...........he wished he were in a residency program! wishful thinkingSmile cock sucker!!
Hello again Candy,

Try calling the program coordinator, thats not being pushy. there is nothing wrong in calling asking for information.
GL
Hello chuckchu,

I can understand you might be angry at some of the older posts. but lets try to be nice and productive,so that we can help each other.
I know we are all in a very tensed and nervous situation till the match.
thanks for understanding.
Best.
amelende@bronxleb.org

Anna Melendez is her name. she will help you.

Candy stop stressing you be fine there is like 40 people leaving the apartments in July you will find one stop stressing, is all given to you. Plus push for it, over here is like this you need to push for it.

Thank you a lot boardreview, I value your precious advice and I appreciate your help. You are right I stress too much and over-think stuff.
Now Candy, to answer your questions regarding why Canada.

First of all, well I guess I will start by the most important thing.

Compensation in Canada is much more for Physicians. For instance last number I checked with the Physician Database registry of Canada with regards to compensation was something about average of 370K after taxes and over head for General Internal Medicine.

Also Internal Medicine is not a hospitalist is Consultant in Canada, so it takes a burden of many paper works and times out.

Based on the A135 billing of OHIP or even in Provinces like Sask, Alberta these coding pays 155$ per consult (15 -20 mints ) and for mini consult of 5 to 7 mints it pays 87$. For treatment it goes up to from 8 dollars from a simple heart sound (keep in mind 4 or 6 x heart sound since you liston 4 or 6 spots ) to 385$ for more complex cases.

Now the issue you have with your PR is simple, you can clearly apply for renewal of PR and even Citizenship. Remember is the Citizenship judge who grants it, but in your case you need to apply for PR, Canada does not joke around if you want the PR you can get it but you need to show commitment and you are only given your citizenship if you show strong ties. Bank loans, house, cars, letter from a Mentor or Sponsor hospital showing you have signed a deal with them which enables you to come back.

Coming back to Canada is a hassle, since you need PGY 4 or Fellowship.
Getting fellowship in Canada in Canada is very simple, GI, Cardio, and some universities have mini fellowships if you get funding.

You need offcourse your QE1, QE2 and also for PR and Citizenship you need the letter from your sponsoring university in Canada to show your commitment.

I am going to Canada for sure. I might even transfer to PGY-3 through the repartation program of certain provinces like BC, Alberta or Ontario, but again, if not PGY-3 for sure PGY-4.

Hello boardreview,
will there be of any use to getting pgy4 in Canada if you are a us citizen or hold a us green card?
thanks
You can not apply to Canada if you are not a PR of Citizen of Canada.

Unlike USA , Canada does not let other nationals in the residency rsystem of the Country unless the US goverment would fund your training
Thank you boardreview.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »