Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In-training exam!!! - drmalakia
Does any body knows how can we prepare for in training exam as a PGY-1 resident? I am going to start my residency in internal medicine from July 1st and I was told by program we should participate in 10 hours in training exam at the end of Augest. I was assuming this exam at the end of PGY-1 and now I am surprised. Please advise how can I get prepared for that? Any body knows which book I need to read for that?
You need to use

MKSAP 16.

But if you get 80 this year and 70 next year is very very very bad.

Although this score is used in you PD-LOR which needs to be given to everyone for fellowship.

Yes Fellowship programs do look at this score.
The ITE is set up by the ACP, and the dates are given to the programs with no flexibility, which is why this year it is in August. Your PGY1 exam is a baseline to see where you are in respect to medical knowledge. And, as you progress, your percentile score should be increasing per PGY level and is compared to your program peers, and peers nationwide by ACP and reported to the program. Just a bit more info Smile
Do MKSAP questions
Every patient you see on the wards....read about them in Pocket medicine.
First year doesn't matter that much....it tells u your baseline. But put some effort in it becos if you score something like 10 percentile...your PD might pay close attention to you
And no they can't talk about ITE scores in your fellowship letter
It is frowned against
Nrmp 2012?
Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine (Pocket Notebook) Is this the book you mentioned?

yes that is it.
Also you can read the Washington Manual
or even uptodate.

They are all good sources of information
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »