Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 6 223/430 - dextermorgan
Hello friends, I got 223 in NBME 6, done 33 mistakes. During the test I thought I am doing fine but ended up with little disappointment. My exam date is on 26th August, and my target is 240+ in real exam. I have completed UW first time online with 70% percent. Starting 2nd time today.

Anyone who has done NBME 6 , please share your thoughts , Also anyone wants to review ?
hi, i did nb 6 and found that very easy...i got 9 incorrect (offline) and i got 8 incorrect for Fred sample questions (133/141)...but i think uw is 5 times harder than them...my uw score was 76% ...so am not sure if i can go to exam next week or not...best of luck for you.
You must go for exam bro , Your fred is telling the truth.
52 y/o 3-month history of increased urinary volume and frequency with 15 pound weight loss despite normal appetite with family history of HTN and type 2 diabetes. He is obese and BP 160/85. NONfasting glucose is 280. Which of the following is increased?

A. bicarbonate
B. glucagon
C. HDL
D. Insulin
E. Ketones

explain me this question , i believe you have done it correct
Thanks...ans should b Insulin

Dx DM type 2, insulin resistance so your body try to compensate by increasing more insulin...easy ha
Thanks man, Here we go with more .

Four hours after undergoing a cesarean delivery at term followed by tubal ligation, a 37-year-old
woman, gravida 2, para 2, has dizziness and confusion. The operation was uncomplicated, and
blood loss is estimated to be 800 mL. Patient-controlled epidural analgesia has been moderately
effective for pain. Her blood pressure now is 80/40 mm Hg, decreased from 120/72 mm Hg
intraoperatively, and pulse is 152/min, increased from 96/min intraoperatively. Breath sounds are
decreased bilaterally. No murmurs are heard. Abdominal examination shows distention and
tenderness. Bowel sounds are absent. The incision is intact with no drainage. She is disoriented to
person, place, and time. Her hematocrit is 23%; preoperative hematocrit was 35%. Which of the
following is the most likely cause of the hemodynamic changes?
A
) Epidural-related hypotension
B
) Insufficient intraoperative fluid replacement
C
) Postoperative intra-abdominal hemorrhage
D
) Supine hypotensive syndrome
E
) Underestimated intraoperative blood loss

A previously healthy 16-year-old boy is brought to the physician because of fever and cough with right-sided chest pain for 2 weeks. Six months ago, he visited his grandparents in Albania for 2 weeks. He weighs 54 kg (120 lb) and is 173 cm (68 in) tall. He appears thin and pale. His temperature is 38.2 C (100.8 F), pulse is 76/min, and respirations are 36/min. Examination shows shallow respirations with decreased breath sounds at the right lung base. An x-ray film of the chest shows a right pleural effusion and hilar adenopathy.

A )alphaAntitrypsin deficiency
B ) Cystic fibrosis
C ) Pneumothorax
D ) Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis
E ) Pulmonary aspergillosis
F ) Pulmonary hemorrhage
G ) Pulmonary tuberculosis
a 52 yo woman comes to the physician because of decreased libido; this symptom began 8 months ago, after she underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for leiomyomata uteri and menorrhagia. She has been taking hormone replacement therapy with conjugated estrogen since the operation. Examination shows a moist, rugated vagina. Which of the following is the most likely cause of these findings?

a. decreased androgens
b. decreased estrogen
c. decreased FSH
d. decreased LH
e. decreased progesterone
f. decreased prolactin
g. increased androgens
h. increased estrogen (wrong)
i. increased FSH
j. increased LH
k. increased progesterone
l. increased prolactin