2 ck : 227(first attempt)
2 cs: to take in Oct
Interested in Ob but considering IM too
applying broadly(5 states)
require visa
No hands on US experience, working as a clerk in US hosp
1 US LOR, might get a second but not 100%sure about the 2nd
2 strong LOR`s from home country, one from Ob HOD
I did two years mandatory housemanship in home country( 6months rotations each in surgery, ob, peds and IM).

What are my chances? Thanks for your anticipated responses
your scores are below the american student average, and it will be tough for OB or IM

Unless you have a strong contact, and strong contacts will get you in, I've seen it happen, with a pending CS score that won't be released until Dec 9th your chances are extremely low

if you were ECFMG certified your chances would be low.

http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...F-File.pdf
I do have a strong contact with an Ob PD but am not exactly qualified to apply to that program cuz they require that you be a green card holder or have some sort of permanent resident status. Am to start shadowing him in one of his clinics and that's where am hoping to get the 2nd US LOR I mentioned earlier.
Contacts do matters, Im not sure about OB but IM may have a spot for you it would have been better if you had USCE. but still apply carefully to the programs where you meet the criteria.
Good Luck
you need to be sitting on the STEP 2CS scheduler and look for a test date from now until Sept 5th.

Your CS score will come out in October

If you don't do that I fear your efforts will be fruitless this year

http://www.ecfmg.org/news/2015/04/16/201...W02hO.dpbs
@usmle239
thanks for your kind words

@kash_md
I did an extensive research on my own about programs that don`t require you to have the ecfmg certification to be granted an interview but you need to be certified by ROL deadline which is in end Feb. Those are the specific ones am applying to. I hope I get past their filters in order to have my application reviewed.... thanks for your honest replies
I can correct something, 5 states is not considered broad it's actually very limited
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »