Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 Advice For Older IMG - bullsmd
Hey guys

I am an older IMG that has been out of the game for a while (2009), concepts are a very shaky and I haven't done questions or reviewed in a few years. Slowly getting back into the game and would like to try to take the exam in 3-4 months.

I did pathoma 3 weeks ago but it was very difficult for me to remember everything and also completed micro kaplan (last week). Attempting physio kaplan right now and its just so overwhelming I am totally lost. I stopped watching videos for 2 days now and just thinking of switching over to UWorld Questions only for my study guide.

Thoughts?

Hoping that UWorld questions will be enough to get a good understanding of what I need to know on the step. I also want to do Pathoma 2 more times as I want to have an amazing grasp on pathology. I would be using UWorld strictly as a learning tool, doing random untimed and incorporating everything into FA.

So hard to stay focused. Never posted anything until now...looking for some advice. Good luck studying all
Welcome bullsmd, same boat. Graduated in 2005, was working in Europe for a few years. Now also learning everything from beginning. Don't stop, don't think about how much of stuff you have to learn. The first round is the hardest one!! As you will repeat the subjects it will get easier and easier. Just focus on your studies and keep going. I have three kids but no excuses. I just sit and study 8-10 hours every single day. Some days are good others not that good, but you just have to stick to your books. Start uworld early, read a subject and do the questions and review them all, the things that you don't know- write them down in your fa, go to google and read. And repeat, repeat, repeat.....
Hi Bullsmd and kcbutterfly,
Same here. Can I get ur email or skype plz.
Kcbuterfly228: Yeah that about where I am at in this process. How comfortable are you feeling about now? When are you taking the step?

I have to update my certification form (form 186). Its been over 5 years so just need to send in something notarized that all my information is correct in order to register for the exam. In order to do that, I have to pay for the examination. They said the process takes about 3-4 weeks. My target date for the step would be in 8-10 weeks if all goes well. I think there is eventually a max period where you know only as much as the body can handle and you tend to forget things if you go past that period. But I agree...repetition is the best. Fewer resources and being very familiar with them is better than having too many resources.
Yes bullsmd, that is exactly what I am doing. Just fa and uworld and if I still have the feeling that I need to know more I am looking it up in the internet. My fa has a ton more information b/c of that :-) I am planning for the end of October but before I go I will do 2-3 nbme-s to see if I am ready. That would be my tip for you too. Just to be sure that we are on the right way. I am right now repeating but still have biochemistry (hate that) and behavioral to do. No matter what I have to pass it this year. Happy studying!!!
Hi izzigo, I don't use Skype. My email is katharina228
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »