Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking Help, - allawi1085
Hi Guys,

which one is best? and how would you rank these please:

All internal Medicine

1- UPMC (Mercy) in Pittsburgh.
2- University of Texas Health Science center in San Antonio.
3- Texas Tech University El Paso
4- Texas Tech University Amarillo
5- University of Tennessee Nashville Program.
6- University of Nevada Reno program.
8- SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn.
9- University of Alabama at Huntsville.
10- Cook county Hospital in Chicago.

I plan to do fellowship after the residency.

Thanks all.
Don't rank any. Go unmatched.
Cook county last? are you joking? Don't just look at so called "university" name, UPMC mercy is completely crap!
Have you really gone to the interview? How do you make the list that rank so obviously crapy program high and good program low?
Thanks for the "unuseful" replies, hope to get some real useful inputs.
Sorry... I sincerely think you need serous advice from those who are familiar with your programs.

First, you should understand the difference between "university-based program" and "university-affiliated community program". They may both have big name university in their fancy names, however, their reputation and fellowship placement varies dramatically

If you could not separate them from their website or your interview, you can go to the official database "freida" to check

Basically, University of Texas Health Science center in San Antonio is a very good university based program and no doubt should be your #1

Cook county Hospital in Chicago is a very good university-affiliated community program and their training and reputation is better than even a lot of university-based program (they are the prototype of "ER" in the TV show!)

Cook County is better than UPMC (Mercy) in Pittsburgh, Texas Tech University Amarillo, University of Tennessee Nashville Program, University of Nevada Reno program and University of Alabama at Huntsville

I do not know much about Texas Tech University El Paso and SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, but they are all university-based program

Of course, you also need to consider visa type, location and family issues if there are any

good luck!

----
1- UPMC (Mercy) in Pittsburgh.
2- University of Texas Health Science center in San Antonio.
3- Texas Tech University El Paso
4- Texas Tech University Amarillo
5- University of Tennessee Nashville Program.
6- University of Nevada Reno program.
8- SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn.
9- University of Alabama at Huntsville.
10- Cook county Hospital in Chicago.
Hi mszzeta

Thanks for giving very useful information and helping people here who are confused like me.
Can you please tell me the order of Cook County, Baystate (in Springfield) and Toledo University IM programs?
I want to go into Hem/Onc fellowship

@ Mszzeta

Thank you man for the detailed advice. It is really appreciated and it is useful not only for me but for all people who are doing their ranking.

The point is I am not looking for big city as I have a family this is why SUNY and Cook county are low on my ranking list.

Thanks again my friend!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »