Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the programs rank their applicants? - woodranch
Hello Doctors,
I am still not understanding how the program ranking their applicants! It is confusing for me. When they say we will rank you and then they say you will be one of our best choices, how does that work? if the program interviewed 500 applicants and lets say they like 100 of them, does that mean their list will have 100 names starting #1 to # 100? or what?
http://www.hcpro.com/RES-253084-2947/Ask...-work.html
Thank you @aybabtu... So now I have to wait and see what do they mean by "one of our top choices"!
Just put where you want to go 1st, then 2nd choice 2nd and so forth. I think all ppl got the letter you are referring to. Personally, I think its as unprofessional for a pd to send mass letters stating that to candidates as it is for a candidate to tell the programs how awesome they are and will be ranked first on a candidates list. The whole damn process is smokes and mirrors. End of the day where do you want to go? Put it highest. A pd telling you that should have no bearing on where u put the program. If you dont match your top choice the match algorithm makes your #2 your new #1.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »