Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospital based USCE (Weiss memorial ,many others) - abdallahanu
I'm a FMG (2012). After finishing my Step 2 exam I signed up for a program in chicago. I spent 10 months of Hands-on experience at Weiss Memorial Hospital. I was interviewed there and thank god recently signed my pre-match offer Smile.

I was offered a part time job as a student coordinator.
So about this program:

*Who qualifies?
students, FMGs, it doesn't matter if you have graduated 10 years ago Smile.

*Where?
Hospitals ONLY, Mainly Weiss Memorial Hospital.

*Requirements?
It's very simple. contact me and will talk.

*Whats after signing up?
you'll recieve your malpractice insurance ( 1 year ). hospital will contact you for ID and Pass ( medical student written on your ID ). You are good to go!

Rotations are tailored for what you want!

*Your duties?
work in the hospital directly with the attendings and residents. Regular day starts at 8 or 9 am and ends around 4pm ( sometimes later ), 5 days a week ( every other weekend if on call ). you will split the work with the resident you work with. You'll have your own access to the system. Examine your patients, write your progress notes ( SOAP note ) and check for previous day orders. If called for consults ( depend on what service are you with e.g Cardiology ) you have to respond and do complete history and physical exam ,write a consult note , then wait for the rounds to discuss the patients with the attending.

It's the highest level of USCE. The only difference between you and an intern is that they pay him!

Please feel free to contact me and I'll happily answer your questions Smile.

Wish you a good luck!!
I am interested. Can we talk?
Hey uml123,

send me your email please
@abdallahanu myworld_2002
you can email me at abdallahanu
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »