Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Papsmear please help me.... - wildstar
Hi Papsmear, from your posts I know that you got into Obg. Could you please guide me. Like what are the things a progm looks for in an obg candidate. If you don't mind could you please let me know your scores and USCE experiece. Looking forward for your guidace. Thanks
step 1 87, 2 97, 3 84, obg trng in home country 1999, usce 1-2 yrs(volunteer ma, grp practice).
i don't know i think generally they're looking for new grads if not those with experience like me. i know somebody who's a veterinarian turned medical doctor who got an obg position. he said they might also be looking for somebody with skills already.

you know if ob is what you want just try to improve your chances (1 attempt in exams, good scores, USCE-very important) and PRAY AND BELIEVE. you can only do your best and leave the rest to God. i believe if it's for you, no matter what, you'll get what you want.

the journey (taking the exams, application process, interviews, etc) was very hard. it took a lot of patience, endurance, perseverance and faith (try not to doubt even if it's tempting). the whole experience really need Divine Providence. i don't know, what I can say is you can't do it alone. i wish you well. i'll say a prayer for you. =)
Thanks papsmear for your advise and kind words. I need prayers from kind souls like yours. Thanks for the advise I really appreciate it. Good luck with your residency.
papsmear,

Can I ask you for a big favour, as you have settled in your residency. Do you happen to have the list of OBG programs which give visas? If so, do you mind sharing it with me. My e-mail address is startrack_78.

I am ECFMG certifed, 2003 graduate with scores in 90s on both steps in first attempt. I need a visa. What do you suggest to improve my resume. I am looking for some kind of observership. I am not sure when I will be able to get one. I am planning to take my step 3 by this month end and be ready with all my scores by September first. Pray for me too as I need lots of prayers to get into my dream residency. Thanks and Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »