Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help for cms peds 4 q - anagh
Q1. A 2-year-old girl is brought to the physician because of episodes of turning blue while playing over the past 6 months; the episodes have been increasing in frequency over the past month and occur most often when she is agitated. She was born at term and weighed 3317 g (7 lb 5 oz). She has a normal diet for her age. She is at the 25th percentile for height and weight. Her temperature is 37°C (98.6°F), pulse is 100/mm, respirations are 26/mm, and blood pressure is 80/46 mm Hg. Pulse oximetry on room air shows an oxygen saturation of 87%. The lungs are clear to auscultation. There is a heave at the left sternal border. A grade 3/6, harsh systolic murmur is heard at the left sternal border with radiation to the axilla. An x-ray of the chest shows decreased pulmonary vascularity and a prominent right ventricle.
For each patient with cyanosis, select the most likely diagnosis.
A) Asthma
B) Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
C) Congenital heart disease with right-to-left shunt
D) Cystic fibrosis
E) Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
F) Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension
G) Methemoglobinemia
H) Patent foramen ovale
I) Persistent pulmonary hypertension
J) Pneumococcal pneumonia
K) Respiratory distress syndrome

Q2. A 7-year-old boy with type I diabetes mellitus has had fever, cough, and rhinorrhea for I week and lethargy for
3 days. His pulse is 100/mm, respirations are 30/mm, and blood pressure is 100/65 mm Hg. He appears lethargic; no
other abnormalities are noted. Serum studies show:
Na 120 mEq/L
Cl- 95 mEq/L
7.5 mEq/L
HCO3- lOmEq/L
Glucose 690 mg/dL
Urea nitrogen 23 mg/dL
Which of the following is the most likely explanation for the hyperkalemia?
A) Adrenal insufficiency
B) Cellular shift
C) Excessive potassium intake
D) Hemolysis
E) Respiratory acidosis
q1...C......> TOF

q2....B

thanks
thank u so much
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »