Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership??? - uttem
I got an oppurtunity to shadow few docs in a big private practise. shall I do follow only Internal medicine docs??? or can I shadow any other docs specalised in Gastro/endocrinology/pulmonology/nephro etc??? I wanna get into IM & have no idea abt Future Fellowship!!!!!!!!!!! Plz someone throw somelight on this. which is better?
plz respond!!!!!!!!!!!1
it depends on how much time you have / are willing to spend.

if you have no ideas about future fellowships, it might be prudent on your part to schedule a few weeks between the different subspecialities.

having observership 'experience' is good, and i presume you're planning to get a LOR(s) out of this. evaluate your whole application, and see who's LOR will better serve you.
Thank u v much quirky!!!!!!!!! Yeah to get an LOR only I wanna do observership.My basic query is does it matter much on the Department from where I'm gettin the letter???
your LOR comes from one attending, not a department. it's also technically not supposed to be 'speciality specific'.

if you already have this opportunity, why not talk to a few attendings on what your choices are? you can also get more than one LOR.

if you know which programs you're planning on applying to, why not look at the individual program websites and see if they specify who they would prefer to receive LORs from.
Thanks quirky for ur prompt response!!! Yeah I'll go to those program websites to look the necessary info.I never knew tht they 'll specify who they would prefer to receive LORs from!!!!!!!!!!!I have to search. Thank u once again.BTW did u match this yr? where??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »