Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primary and Categorical IM - drdoc09
Suppose if we apply for Medicine primary and Medicine Prelim & Categorical and then we get invitation..

In that invitation will they mention interview invited for PRIMARY or CATEGORICAL as I know they usually mention prelim vs categorical but what about primary?

do you they have separate selection committee for Primary vs Prelim/categorical?

Thanks
I'm probably not going to give you a definite answer, but today I received an invitation from a program that I applied to both categorical and primary track. The title of the email said "MedStar Washington Hospital Center Internal Medicine and Primary care residency interview invitation." In the body of the email it just said "congratulations on receiving an invitation to interview at our department of medicine". They didn't really specify if the interview was for one or the other. Maybe they make that decision when they rank you?
Also in the email it said "We are delighted to invite you to interview for a position in one of our programs (Medicine-Categorical, Primary Care, Preliminary or Medicine-Dermatology)." ....
@medistud

Yes, i think they will decide at the time of interview.

I have not applied to any primary program but just applied to prelim/categorical as i heard that applying to primary and prelim/categorical gives bad impression to PD. Is that correct. Shall i go ahead and apply primary too to increase chances. thx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »