Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronx Lebanon IM - keepswimming
What was the program director email. I lost it
Both my friend and I got the invitations for interview, and the last available date stated is Jan 19. I suppose they do give out offers on a rolling basis, and will not wait until completion of the entire IV process to start offering prematch to deserving candidates. It all comes down to when is the next board of directors meeting to decide on whom they would recruit. It's kind of strange, tho they have 34 slots per year, there are only 28 PGY1s if you browse the website/ look at the brochure. I wonder if it is because they tend to give out offers late, and end up being rejected by candidates right before the NRMP withdrawal deadline. I do see the trend of how they give out offers, those who have been offered early (say in Nov) will have ample time (up to a week) to decide, and towards the end of Jan, they will only allow you to make a decision within 24 hours.

Cannot say much about the selection process- as many residents come from the same medical college as the PD. Choosing other candidates is probably all about putting up a show to demonstrate openness, inclusiveness and diversity (also has legal implications if all the residents are of the same race, and come from the same place!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »