Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of interview - 2222usmle
It might sound silly question but in general how many interview do IMGs usually have to be matched? Thanks
This is what you're looking for:
http://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2...s-2016.pdf
Charting Outcomes IMGs 2016

For instance, if you have 11 Family Medicine interviews, as a non-US IMG, you have a 50% match rate.
(that's from Page 91)
Thanks mediatrics, so i have only one interview until know,,waht are my chances to get matched in a program with 6-7 position???? Sad
@i meant until now,and what?
It makes no difference how many positions they have. They'll interview 10-20 people per position, so the more positions = the more people they interview = the more get matched there.

1 interview = ~35% chance in FM, based on last years match data. Page 91 again.
I really thank you for replying. If they rank me in the top 7 of the interviewed people does this mean that i will match for sure???
Yes it does. If they have 7 spots and you are in the top 7, you will match 100%.

But even if you are ranked as 30th out of 100 people they interviewed, there is still a good chance you will match. This is because there is a good chance that the other 29 people ahead of you will match to other programs. It might take the program until their 80th ranking, even, to fill their last spot.

There is hope for EVERYONE in the match who has even one interview Smile
Thank you again and i wish you all the best!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »