Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q@Q Drill Time ❶ - cardio69
A 16 y/o F is brought to you by her mother, who states that her daughter has been losing weight steadily. The adolescent denies there is a problem and states that she is in no way underweight. You determines that the girl is 5 ft 6 in tall and weighs 90 lb. Which of the following laboratory tests is most helpful in assessing the severity of starvation in this pat?

a) Complete blood count and differential WBC count
b) Thyroid function studies
c) Serum potassium level
d) Liver function studies
e) Determination of albumin level

_________________________________________72sec_____From the time Q posted_____________
_____________________________________Time's UP_____________________________________
e) Determination of albumin level
This I answered right away when saw the question, however explored a little bit to know what other testa would be helpful and the second one in row would be Complete blood count and differential WBC count. Albumin level is the most determining factor for chronic starvation as it is a better indicator due to it's longer half-life. Your questions push to dig deeper, other that what you already instinctively know. Thanks Cardio69
Good Job
But please make sure u ans the Q 72sec after I post them. That's all I care aboutSmile
Welcome.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »