Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
books for ck - virgo32
i'm starting my ck preparation. please guide what i need to get 240+???
please help
Hi Virgo32, As you moved to step 2 ck , that feels like you are done with step 1, then how about you share your journey/experience in step 1 part of this forum as others do after having the test?

PS. Congrats anyhow, hope you did well.
Hello virgo32,
MTB 2 for IM and MTB 3 for everything else.
uworld, uworld, and uworld.
this is what you need to do.

if you think you have more time then read kaplan IM and watch kaplan videos along with it before going to MTB 2.

if you dont mind, can you tell us your step 1 score?

good luck. Smile
@kstar yes i'm done with step 1. My score isn't that great but i passed itSmile my score dropped than my nbme score and that is because of anxiety during the exam. Do not use so many books because in the end you have no time to revise all of them and do practice questions and NBME. NbME is the BEST this is how u learn to sit for 8 hours. and exam is DOABLE. Not hard. its all about basics. Good luck for your step 1 Smile
@robomax thanks manSmile i will start with kaplan because i really need to get better score in step 2 CK. but what about other kaplan books like peds, obs gynae?
your welcome virgo.
same goes for the other books, if you think you need to go through those subjects thoroughly then go through those kaplan books as well.

one more tip that i got from other people is that there is no one book sufficient enough for step 2. there will always be some topics that are missing in one book and covered in another. and even if you memorize every book, the approach to answering the questions only comes from uworld. uworld covers everything and even more topic that are not in books or not clear in books. this is the reason alot of people just follow MTB 2 and 3 because it is easy to review at the end, and they also make their own notes from uworld.
so whichever book/s you use for reference, you will always go with what uworld says about that topic, because you will see some contradiction between them.

im not 100% sure how much of this is true, but thats how it seems since i have started my prep for step 2 few months ago.

im not done with step 2, so i cant give you a solid input on this. so you should do your own research and make a study plan that works for you.
Good luck and keep in touch, maybe we can motivate each other along our paths.
@robomax thanks and good luck Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »