Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lors from Different specialities - shormin
I have a sincere question. 2 lors from ob/gyn, 1 lor from cardiology research and 1 from FM , how will that work for FM residency application???? Or which specialities can I apply with these lors?
Hi,i have some thing similar

FM i was told wiill be happy as long as u have 1 lor from FM too

best wishes and god be with u
- you got 2 lors from obs-gyn.....are you not considering obs-gyn residency.
How much time you invested in each speciality for LORS.
- how much time spent is considered reasonable for observership in any one specialty.??
Four weeks is sufficient if it is your only observership, eight weeks in the same specialty if you have done multiple observerships to demonstrate a clear specialty preference. Some specialties just want to see clinical experience, but many want to see targeted clinical experience.
If u r aiming for FM, ask ur non-fm doctors to write that you r interested in FM and would be a good primary physician given your superb work ethics, compaasion for patients, and friendliness...etc. Its important to have fm lor from fm doctors but not all your fm letters need to to come from fm physicians.
@wilderness_ gal and sqedsaint..............Thank you v much
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »