Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clinical training after IM OR FM.......pl guide - learningg
-After completing residency in IM or FM, if some one does not get a position in cardiology fellowship.
- Is there any possibility to do cardiology clinical training for 6 months - 1 year in any hospital even if it private or non-ACGME accredited or in the form of unpaid externship, PLEASE.

Thanks a lot every one.
You cannot do a cardiology fellowship after FM. People have done things like research / preventive cardiology fellowships/heart failure fellowships which are of 1 year duration to improve their chances and speaking from personal knowledge did match.
Not everything is cardiology.

I remember some people used freak out about not matching in cardiology and not having other options, and others used to go around like wide eyed teenagers worshiping the cardiologists and celebrating their every more to see if they would get a research project or a fellowship position. Kind of sad.
Keep in mind that to get the big bucks you need to be interventional.
- I do not have any interest to do any fellowship. If i could get FM, my only interest would be about 6 months cardiology clinical experience in any indoor setting, be it externship in non-ACGME hospital, be it before starting FM or after completing FM.

@shrinkmuse and nanaki...............Thank you v much docs for the input.
Can't you do it during residency?
-during residency of 3 years in FM, looking at the curriculum of some FM programs, it seems like they have 1-2 months cardiology training time period. Where as i am interested in spending more time in cardiology. Can the program allow you to spend more time in any subspecialty like cadiology if you ask for it during 3 years FM residency.??

Please help......Thank you v much
Why do you want cardiology subspecialty training if you plan on doing FM? What type of practice are you planning on?
what is the specialty you are planing in FM?
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
President of AMIQT, Dr. Peter Bernad http://www.neuro-doc.com/, is board certified in neurology and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact me directly: rubyamiqt
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »