Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion please, I'd appreciate it. - masry
Hey all i have a question if anyone have an idea or can enlighten me about that matter. I know for IMGs it is better to have your steps available before september 15th so to increase your chances. My question is how much would it hurt me if i applied on september 15th but the cs being pending to be reported october 15th? i know its not the best thing to happen but shit happens unfortunately. So if you have any idea or backgroud about that i would really appreciate your input. Thank you.
Its not an ideal situation but there is no choice but to submit app on sept 15 because waiting until oct 15 is a bit late. By that time most programs would have started sending out iv invites already. Suggestion is to email programs once CS is out (assuming you passed) and let them know that you are now ECFMG certified. If u have stellar step 1 and ck scores it's possible theyll look more favorably at you. But nothing is guaranteed. How programs choose applicants is a random process. Stay optimistic and make sure you pass cs.
Do you have a set date for CS? I would try to change it as much as possible.
You would be applying with an incomplete profile. As an IMG programs want to see that you are ECFMG certified and will not consider your application when they get a lot more applicants with similar scores, ECFMG certifications or even step 3.
Programs will probably not consider your application unless your scores are off the charts and you have a very, very attractive profile with relevant USCE, research, etc.

What if you fail CS after applying to dozens of programs? Money wasted.
Make sure you pass CS before you apply.

Don't be misguided by the notion that programs look at applications late. The earlier you apply with a complete profile, the better.
Apply with your ECFMG certification, don't risk wasting time and money. Without it your application will go to the "incomplete" pile and they will already have 100-200 or who knows how many more complete applications before they look at yours.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »