Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J-1 application status-any update?? - pedscin16
Hello! Anyone heard back from Ecfmg recently regarding their J-1 application status? Submitted mine on April 19 but I haven't heard back from them-in oasis it shows submitted-in queue for review by Ecfmg...

Thanks!
I think the queue is based on the date of your initial application submission and payment of fee. I am sure it would be processed soon.
submitted on Apr 24, no update till now
same thing Apri 24 ... nothing yet
Pathfinder, shenben, candidate 001-

Did u submit SON on those dates? What does initial application submission means? please help!!!
No it's the date that you paid the 325 $ fee and submitted your application. If you go to j-1 sponsorship on oasis and then click on j-1 sponsorship applications (under resources) at the bottom of the page you will see activities summary. The date that is listed next to "submitted. In queue for review by Ecfmg" is the date that counts as your submission date. SON can be uploaded later, also if any document is missing they will send you a deficiency letter. A friend of mine submitted his application on 04-04 and he hasn't sent yet his SON. They reviewed his application on April 18 and sent him a deficiency letter a few days later. I think this year they are much slower compared to previous years... maybe because more candidates are applying for j-1 given the new rules with H1B? Just guessing... anyway I don't know what is the reason for the delay, but it takes longer than usual. Mine is in queue for review since April 19 (SON received on May 1st). If anyone submitted his application after April 15 please let us know so that we can estimate how far we all are in the review process...
Good luck to everyone!
it will be processing soon
@pedscin 16, just checked online, submitted on Apr 24 and application approved on May5
Shenben0422 thank you very much for the update! Congrats Smile !
It's really weird how they review applications. Either radonmly or they assign applications to advisors and some advisors are faster than others (just guessing). Anyway let's see...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »