Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maternity leaves in internship - allama
Hi I m going to start my residency this year, I need information how much time off I can take without extending my residency? What is ACGME or ABIM rule ? Anyone who who went through it or have information regarding that ? Please help me .
depending on the program, you might be able to organize all your vacation time, personal days, and maybe sick days into one block - which is about 7 weeks. most people just take the 4 week vacation time.
if possible plan to deliver by the end of your residency as even if you manage to get time off, the work load with residency and taking care of your baby might be really hard.Most people I know planned to actually deliver 3-4 months after ending residency.
I am already pregnant, due in October . I m asking how much off I can take without extending my residency. It's internal medicine . What's the ACGME or ABIM policy .
you should contact your programcooridnator and they will help you out with your options Smile
Good luck.
it always depend on the program.. ACGME International accreditation demonstrates that graduate medical education programs outside the United States meet established standards for Institutional, Foundational, and Advanced specialty education.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »