Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, we will know on March 9th if we matched? - sjahan
According to email from nrmp today, we will know if we have matched or not right? (As if matched then they will email us saying we are uneligible for soap right?)

And pls clarify what does partially matched mean?

Thanks!
No, March 9th only signifies if you can participate in SOAP if you do not match. It does not indicate your match status so do not worry if you receive this email on the 9th.

Partially matched likely refers to people who apply to preliminary programs and then advanced (for example, I knew a radiology resident who matched to one program for a year of IM, and then went to a different program for the actual radiology training--these were separate ranks).
So, if the email says i am not eligible to participate in SOAP, doesnt it indicate that i have probably matched so i am not eligible? (Even though officially they will send email on 12th)

Thanks for the response!
Not necessarily. It only means you are ineligible for SOAP for some reason (if someone else can further illuminate this, thanks). Last year a friend who matched IM received the email the Friday prior stating she is eligible for SOAP. My school also sent students last year a 'do not panic' email stating that the Friday email does not indicate whether you have matched or not.
I had the same question, so if they want to announce officially on march 12th, what the hell are they are going to do on march 9th ? it is so simple if you are soap ineligible = you are matched . if eligible = you are not
step3done2017 I strongly agree with you, they already know who did and who didn't match. Why the psicologic torture? Why thay email Friday? They should attach a SOAP eligibility code or message to the e-mail we get the 12 and save us the nightmare that weekend.
The whole process is a freaking nerve wracking since the beginning anyway.
If you watch the video in the email says that the email in March 9th does not men if you whether or not matched, just means that you have all the requirements for participating on it in case of you get an email on march 12th saying that you did not match.
mean*
@step3done and @sjahan, everyone who signed up for a token in eras will receive a notification that you are eligible for SOAP. So it doesn't necessarily mean that you may have or have not matched. People who pre-matched and decided to exit the match will not be eligible for SOAP and their emails on March 9th will say so. I hope this helped. March 12th is really the day you find out if you matched or not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »