Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed second attempt Alhamdulillah 197 - busymomdoc

Study time : 6 months
study Material :MTB Step 3
First Aid Step 3 +Step 1(Some Topics i.e pharma/patho)
CCS Correlations ;IM,Surgery,Peds,OBGYN(so much small imfrmation in there)
Q Banks ;Kaplan x2,USMLERX x2,UWorld x2
To get best results
1. start with CCS cases of a topic i.e respiration ;COPD,Asthma,Croup,Pneumonia,TB etc
2. then do that topic Qs from all three q banks
3. then read all three MTB,First aid and Correlations.
4.start Stats early on.. no matter how much you are afraid of doing it ..then keep repeating it so the basic concept get absorbed and you can attempt at least 50% of qs

Only did Kaplan Self Assessment test 4 months before actual test got 62 %.

Actual Exam due to exposure of so many qs was not that nervous on day 1 but Stats were unbelievable just did what i could and rest guessed, got many subjects in high performance,huge difference from previous attempt and that i think saved me.
Day 2 CCS... felt like messed up 2-3 cases but may be the patient was not suppose to get better and they were looking at my approach as the performance was from borderline to high.

so glaaaad its oooovvveeerrr. Good byeeeee USMLE

best of luck to all taking in future it is haaard exaam but with right strategy you can do it.
OOPPS SORRY WRONG FORUM

I was in your boat several years back with several failures and no USCE and no hope!...here I am now in 4th yr (chief rez) IM...

just email me direct ( ; put "residency advice needed" into the subject header)

for more tips including step 3 for upgrade (i've got some good tutoring sources to get you there) and --basically that you have to fit into the system as it stands now--e.g., get USCE, and make contacts and fill out beautiful ERAS Cvs and personal statements..GL for the next match--YOU CAN DO IT-i..e, I DID!
Do not sweat it...Sad!)--RE-BOOT NOW!

I was in your boat several years back with several failures and no USCE and no hope!...here I am now in 4th yr (chief rez) IM...

just email me direct ( ; put "residency advice needed" into the subject header)

for more tips including step 3 for upgrade (i've got some good tutoring sources to get you there) and --basically that you have to fit into the system as it stands now--e.g., get USCE, and make contacts and fill out beautiful ERAS Cvs and personal statements..GL for the next match--YOU CAN DO IT-i..e, I DID!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »