Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repeated USMLE Questions Step 2 CK - anther0
A 32 year-old man complains of fatigue, weakness, edema and acne for 6 months. He is 70-In tall and weighs 220 Ib. His blood pressure is 148/90 mmHg. He has central obesity, enlarged subclavicular fat pads and prominent abdominal striae. His lab tests are:
24-hour urine cortisol excretion is 288
Serum cortisol level is 18 at 8:00 am after taking 1 mg of dexamethasone at bedtime and next day it was 18.9 after at 8:00 am after taking 8 mg of dexamethasone at bedtime.
Plasma ACTH level is 281
What is the most likely site of the disorder causing Cushing syndrome in this patient?
A- Pituitary gland
B- Hypothalamus
C- Lungs
D- Adrenal glands
E- Pancreas
ACTH is HIGH with no supression in high or low Dexa so ECTOPIC. MC site for ectopic Lungs.

Let us know the coreect answer. Thanks for the post
U.S.M.L.E. Success | Online

Founder’s Note

I am an MD-teacher, a Yale graduate, and former fellow of the Yale New Haven Hospital system. I have over 17 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE “written” Steps.

I have previously worked for graduate and medical students as the highest level of tutor. Within our Introductory Strategies for the USMLE Program, I have also written dissected and analyzed USMLE –type questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

About Us

Beyond the USMLE, we can be your comprehensive consultants for shelf exams and the residency application process. Many of our international medical students have matched into the most competitive residencies and fellowships, including plastic surgery, general surgery, cardiology, infectious disease, and more.

We have also worked extensively with Caribbean, other continents’ IMGs, and DO students. From years of experience, we understand your unique concerns for the USMLE step exams and the residency application process.

We offer a free 45-minute initial phone consultation (phone; Ph# ext twelve fifty Set up a Telephone Appointment, Now) to assess your needs, make general recommendations (cost is thirteen thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollar per step, answer any questions regarding my services, and discuss pricing options (financing is available).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »