Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme 5 - cetamool
I am very disappointed, I did NBME 5 today and got 320 only! I did UWAS about 3 months ago and got 217. I have been studying intermittently! any suggestion on the score correlation and what to do next?!
I was on the same boat. I did okish in UWSA 1, but sucked pretty badly at NBME-4. I looked all around and searched everywhere and asked everyone, which brought me to the conclusion that NBMEs for step 3 are not accurate or very near to the real test correlation. That was the relief I was probably looking for and made me feel lighter. Hopefully this helps you as well.
I just took form 5 and scored only 310. I thought it was very hard, much harder than Form 4.
Can anyone else confirm real-world experience of the actual test compared to Form 5?

I've gone through UWorld once and started going through my incorrect answers but won't have time to finish before my exam which is scheduled for Friday. I'm scoring in the 50s on UWorld, somewhere around average or a bit lower.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
@ hellu_usmle Thanks for your comment. I hope this is true. What did you do for NBME 4, did you go with the exam despite bad score in NBME?

@ dryphi I am in the same boat, never heard about anyone doing NBME 5 yet. I don't know about 4. I don't know what to do next!. How was your Uworld assessment?
I think my last UWSA was 201 or something like that. Also I haven't really studied for CCS (just gone through a few cases) as I was triaging that for after the first day. I will have 3 days to prepare, is that enough time?

Considering rescheduling my exam 😟

I'm going through the NBME now. A lot of these questions are fairly straightforward and I should have gotten them I just blanked (T2 hyperintensities with MS, symptoms of cirrhosis, etc). The time pressure makes me forget stuff I recall easily when I have time to think.
@cetamol: I dont get it. What did I do for NBME 4? I still have to sit for the real test. I am planning for UWSA 2 in coming days.

@dryphi: Yeah i mean its easier to say than feel what you going through. I think it would be better to reschedule the test. I still havent given the exam so I wouldnt be better judege at it but 201 in UWSA would be a little risky I beleive. People say that theres ccs which still is there to increase that number but from what I have researched UWSA comes pretty close to real test correlation. Sorry if this is discouragement. But my intentions are pure and I wish you all the very best.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »