Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Advice - kur0
Hello everyone,

I applied to 55 FM, 115 Psych, and 50 IM programs, so far I have only received 1 FM interview. It is still early in the season, what can I do at this point to get more interviews

YOG -2015 - US IMG
Step 1 - 230
Step 2 CK 236
Step 2 - CS

All Passed in 1st Attempt
Besides step 3? Not much. Stay involved in the medical field. When you get that first interview, people are going to want to know what you're doing. Good luck!
I think you can take Step3 exam and can do hands-on clinical experience which can help your application with LORs and shows that you are clinically active after applying to the programs as well.
thanks for the replies

Since graduation, I have done several externships and for the past year I have been working as a medical scribe. So I have no gaps since graduation. Just really discouraging going thru everything and now when it time for residency, just not getting ii. Hopefully I might get some soon. I applied last year also but I didn't have my CS score, only got 1 interview in Psych after applying to 70 programs
Then it will be useful for the application, you need to apply broadly for the residency match.
It is always important to apply for more than 150+ programs and to improve the chances try to get hands-on rotations where you can get strong LORs and can show that you are clinically active during the match season also.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »