Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need guidance - aspiringinternist
hi there.
am an old grad (2012) , just got done with my 4 year residency in internal medicine in hometown.Am US citizen. It was not in the plan at all but now for some reason i have to move to US. I have gathered info on how to study for steps and i have started studying for step 1 (full time). But theres this thought that keeps me worried.
Are there any technical things (rules etc) i need to know at this point of time? As in i hope theres no limit of Year of graduation to take the steps?
i might sound very ignorant but i dont know anyone personally who could guide me about these things.
I would be so so obliged if anyone makes me worry less about it Sad
P.s I plan on moving after i take step 1 and while i ll be studying for step2 i ll do some electives / observership there in US. This is what i planned so far with my limited knowledge and wisdom in this very area :/
Hi aspringinternist,
There are no restrictions, as far as taking the USMLE exams, based on your YOG. No need to worry about that.
I hope this relieves some of your worries! Best of Luck!
There is no such limit of YOG to take USMLE steps, anyone can take the steps.
What's will be a red flag if that your YOG while applying for match, if you are an old grad you will be having less chances.

If you have high scores in all the steps along with Step 3 and gaining multiple hands-on rotations in the specialty you will be applying will improve your CV and also show PDs that you are clinically active which will be helpful for the application.
Yes you can do rotations while preparing for Step 2 CK exam, but you cannot apply for electives because as you are a graduate. Instead you can get externship rotations as you are a graduate. Also, there is no age limit for applying to take USMLE steps.
We are currently tutoring for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK at low prices
Here's what the tutoring includes:
-includes study material
-Personalized approach for each individuals study pace and knowledge
-Focus on weak topics
-Hard topics made simple
-A study schedule personalized for each individual
-Monitoring it on biweekly basis
-study period of 3-6 months
-a special HIGH YIELD notes with which maximum questions from Qbanks can be solved easily.
*Qbanks are not included.

Extras: Tips on planning Usmle STEPS and application process ...along with tips on the Main Residency Match

Contact us for further details:
Sintham27
What makes us different from other tutors?
-We are a group of Doctors with our own scores of 265 and 270s tutoring limited students.
-We will provide you our own notes of preparation that helped us achieve such high scores- updated
-We have a record of no pupil below 240 to date
-Low prices with a 200$off if you bring a friend to us
-We promise a personalized care like never before

We are currently tutoring 1 on 1 for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK at low prices with a minimum score of 240
Here's what the tutoring includes:
-includes study material
-Personalized approach for each individuals study pace and knowledge
-Focus on weak topics
-Hard topics made simple
-A study schedule personalized for each individual
-Monitoring it on biweekly basis
-study period of 3-6 months
-a special HIGH YIELD notes with which maximum questions from Qbanks can be solved easily.

*Qbanks are not included.
*limited spots available

Extras: Tips on planning Usmle STEPS and application process ...along with tips on the Main Residency Match

Contact us for further details:
Sintham27
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »