Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gap year - desperate_img
i have 1.5years of gap year during which i was studying for steps..i heard this is a red flag and i want to hear experiences of other people matching in decent programs despite gap years
yes having a gap will be a red flag for the application, but you can match even with the gap.

You need to show that you are clinically active which can be helpful for the application, which you can obtain by gaining hands-on clinical experiences in US
Find a doctor that will say you were working with them for 1.5 years. This is an excuse many friends used when they applied and matched.
We are currently tutoring 1 on 1 for USMLE Step 1 and Step 2CK at low prices with a minimum score of 240
Here's what the tutoring includes:
-includes study material
-Personalized approach for each individuals study pace and knowledge
-Focus on weak topics
-Hard topics made simple
-A study schedule personalized for each individual
-Monitoring it on biweekly basis
-study period of 3-6 months
-a special HIGH YIELD notes with which maximum questions from Qbanks can be solved easily.
*Qbanks are not included.
*limited spots available
Extras: Tips on planning Usmle STEPS and application process ...along with tips on the Main Residency Match

Contact us for further details:
Sintham27
You can explain that you have been preparing for USMLE steps, but it wont be much helpful.

Also, gianing clinical experience will be helpful for the application which can provide strong experience and can show that you are clinically active which will help with gap year.
Agree with the above. Clinical experience is key!

----

www.medschoolmentors.org
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »