Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journal ---Step 3 test July 2020 - carotid19
done with 1Qbank questions now i will review mistakes and at the afternoon will do CCS and BIO
done with Q bank UW now CSS
Notes:
- Hyper PTH  Increased PTH : PTH Dependent : Primary or Terciaria HPT. Familial or Lithium
- Hyper PTH  Decreased PTH : PTH Independent: ( Measure prPHT/VD25/VD25-1:Malignancy/Vitamin D toxicity/ granulomatosis/immobilization
- AG: NA+ ( CL + HCO3): 10-14
- Educate HIV patient about prognosis is better than other education about disease
- BB (Unopposed alpha-1 receptor mediated VC) Not safe in Mi and Acute cocaine ingestion,
- MI due to cocaine : “DAN”
- -Aspirin: thrombos
- - Nitroglycerine: Reduce BP and Vent wall stress
- -BZD: reduce sympathetic /decreased Htn, Tach. VC
- -BB: CONTRAINDICATED
- -CCB: (amlodipine ) reduce M ischemia
- -PCI : Cocaine/ thrombus
done ! one more week and i will end second review for UWQB!!!Wink
PASSED USMLE STEP 3 ! BACK IN AUGUST , I WAS BUSY DOING INTERVIEWS!!
GO TO STEP 3 GROUP!!!.. FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS !
MY EXPERIENCE:
Bye bye USMLE ! I don’t write a lot but this group deserve some lines from me .. my first advice .. do step 3 BEFORE residency !! Or in your first year ! Please !!!!!!
Prep time :- 4 months
Resources :- UW qbank 3 +mtb + some notes from CK +UW biostatistics and you tube videos Randy Neil MD biostatistics
CCS: UW + Archer intense prep and CCS cases( ccs cases only to practice not to learn )
prognosis file(its there in the file section of this group), step 1 FA(micro, pharm)
USPSTF guidelines (A and B recommendations )
UWSA 1 and 2: >200
NBME 5 :- >300 1 day before the exam.
Fred >80%
Day 1 was 5-6 Qof biostat and step 1 like 30%.Biostat was simple. Except for Drug Adds Reading Step 1 FA is a must! Please sleep early don’t study the day before exam ! YOU WILL FEEL
TERRIBLE AFTER DAY 1!
Day 2 was ok. Uworld -2ck and 3 qbank is enough. Neither UW or CCScases is similar to real exam, but UW and Archer are good resources to study and ccscases.co only to practice. I knew all cases and they were fun
Check your scheduling paper properly print if they don’t see your number on the paper they will not let you to do the exam ..( print two copies)
Good score but I don’t believe of them I believe in knowledge and experience ! Good luck for everyone ! Thank you for answer my questions. !
P.S the trick works for me ! 😊😊
Congratulations! Carotid! you did it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »