Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A journey to the residency:an easy way? - ecrouch
hey apurva and all........keep this discussion running..........
hey sharvil...........thanks for putting these inspiring stuff on the forum.................do you watch any inspiring movies?.......would like to name a few....like the beautiful mind.......dr.kotnis ki amar kahani.............any more names?

btw can i mail you sharvil?........hope you reply.
The last samurai.............i remember one line that tom cruise had to say about the japanese samurai........."From the moment these people wake up in the morning they devote themselves to the pursuit of excellence in their chosen field."

Patch Adams............each and every medical student and doctor HAS to watch this movie......Based on a true life story.......Munnabhai MBBS is nothing but a weak copy of this masterpiece....Robbin Williams says,"If you treat a patient you can win or loose, but if you treat a person you always win no matter what the outcome is." Brought me to tears.....www.patchadams.org

I remember this movie is saw,"Agony and Ecstacy" about Michaelangelo..........i came home and painted the entire wall of my room.......

Books also have the power to transform your life........u take a book in your hand.......it is the essence of a someones lifetime of experiences plus the lifetime experiences of all those books that he read and all those people he met in order to write that book...........

One book that I relished is Old Path White Clouds- In the foot steps of the Buddha...by Thich Nhat Han......It is as if the Buddha is living his life in front of my eyes......

In the end it is all about ATTITUDE........
and COMPASSION.............our field is all about compassion...........I dont why we become so COLD...........I think we loose our compassion because of the Great Egos that we develop......

Before starting any work ask FUNDAMENTAL questions.......
Before answering HOW am I going to do this..........you should ask WHY AM I DOING THIS??
If you answer the WHY you are learning the philosophy of your work and life...........
If you dont go deep there is no joy.....

Ask WHY and get a sincere answer........WRITE that answer down on paper.......and read it....you will have a whole new perspective on your work and why you are doing it.........

u can email me...good luck....
my email id is takkooos...
thanks sharvil.........ya i remember the dialogues from patch adams.
another classic is the sider house rules
thanks for allowing me to mail you.........wish you all the luck.
Dear friends
I am an iranian graduate,after 2 years working obligatory for military service,trying to pass residency examination of iran, usa or any other place ,I can continue
I can completely undestand what my indian friends in this forum talk about, passing exams and going to a country which I have never ever been there is frightening
but always we consider what we dont have and forget what we have.
you, my indian friends are not alone there in the usa and you can help each other finding positions ,support each other not to be alone and...
you have more chance of getting visa...you can continue more hopefully...
you are better in english and...
you must not be disappointed.
there are so many people all over the world that dont have your opportunity,your chance and..
at lost
I think we have gathered here to help each other fighting problems,fighting ruminations,obssessions about what will happen tomorrow, what will happen if I would not able to get visa, what will happen if I can not bear there (usa) and the lonliness I will encounter,
in the end I understand that if we dont consider ALLAH(god) it is impossible to continue and ofcourse it is not worthy to work for any one except the ALLAH
sharvil and doc-dorc I think you are right
thanks a lot for your answers
keep helping people specialy in this forum

thanks a lot hrs....people please continue motivatin and put in ur inputs so that others can benefit
dear friend sharvil
can I have your e.mail sharing our experinces helping each other
thanks a lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »