Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please reply-very important for me. -
sneha

received 3 replies from PD For my first 3 choices!
!)I received positive response from faculty interviewer & we will give you very careful consideration while making rank list.
2)Our house staff selection comittee thinks you are a very good candidate for our program & we would love to train us overhere.
3) PD invited me for second look
do you think these are enough for me to rank them high.
Please reply.I went for 11 interviews but I got reply From these 3 programs.& these are my top choices so I'm mostly banking on them .All total they have 51 positions.Rest all programs are giving prematches & have very less positions open So it's kind of stressful

joewest

Ranking a program high will not increase your chances of matching there. Make sure you understand how the match algorythm works, which most people don't. If you'd rather go to a certain program than not matching at all, then rank it. Rank the programs you like BEST first, not the ones in which you think you have better chances.
Good luck
Sneha

I know what ur saying .as I told these are my 3 top choices & I received email from them so my question is -is it a generic mail or they are really interested in me.I know it's very difficult to tell.But I'm only hopeful about these programs.Please correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks & GL
Rob A

I agree with Joe. No matter what they tell you, you should rank programs in the order YOU LIKE them. It doesn't matter how positive they seemed towards you, or whatever else.

It is common for programs to tell many candidates that they like them. They may or may not mean it. They CAN say they like someone, but are not legally obliged to rank you.. Perhaps this is so they can get more candidates to rank them highly. They fare better at the end as they have a better pic of the incoming group.

Check out NRMP's site which discusses this point.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »