Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting these pages may be dangerous for your com -
Rob A

Hi everyone. I hope you are happy with your ROLs and good luck for anyone going for postmatch.

Just thought I'd mention something you may appreciate:
Surfing these pages with a newer computer and firewall, I notice that usmleforum.com sends a fair few cookies and other files to your computer.

intern

Can you specify the name of those cookies so that we can search in our PC and get rid of it ?
Thanks
Administrator

Dear Rob A,

For your information, cookie is a common concept for Internet Web pages. Cookies are not harmful to your PC. Also, usmleforum.com uses only temporary cookies. As you soon as you close the browser, all the cookies created by usmleforum.com will be deleted. But, our third party advertisers may create permanent cookies.

I am not sure about the other files you are talking about. We have no intention to hack anyones pc. If you find/assume anything like that, please email me with screen shots and I will check that.

Best Regards,
Administrator
usmleforum.com
UsmleSina

Yes.. my fire wall sometimes findds a file on this site which
says is bad and opens up window giving information (which I never read!)
Rob A

To System Admin,

Many thanks for replying to my posting!

The cookies that appeared after visiting this forum (and did not self-delete) were provided by 'doubleclick' or 'fastclick'.
I can elaborate if you wish.

One isolated event activated the firewall, but I don't remember the name of the entity.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »