Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad news -
justme

Guys, I just talked to ECFMG and they told me I have to wait until August to do CS. I was hoping to get it all done by July.
Does anyone know how to get some statatistics on what kind of scores programs are looking for, for different residencies?
lisa

To get an idea:

FP, Psychiatry, IM, Pediatrics for scores lower than 90s -"less competitive" or let's say more accessible for IMGs. I would say the average scores are for Psychiatry(70s)< FP(low 80s) Radiology, Anesthesia, Surgery, ObGyn- are more competitive, AMGs want these specialties badly, scores above 90s.

But this is not a rule, or rules have some exceptions, you could get into Anesthesia in mid 80s if you are lucky, apply to the right program. Or you could try for Pediatrics with big scores and they do not accept you cause they want Pediatrics experience. You could choose FP with 99 scores, just because you like it.

Before you apply to different programs, ask them about their requirements: example for IM they say scores above 80 or scores above 85. Same for Anesthesia: scores above 85 or scores above 90s. So it's better to know their requirements before you apply.
justme

Lisa, Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »