Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME form 1, block 2, Qs# 1 - rahat3256
i am actually confused with the answer, i wanted to post this question for you all but he picture cannot be attached here, please leave ur email & i will post the question for you. & please please help me with the answer.....thank you & looking forward to your emails & then ur answers. .....
still i am writing the question without the picture. please try to answer. i am too much confused with the answer. if you need the picture plss leave ur email i will eamil u as soon as possible. thank you...

a 73 yr. old woman has a scaly, raised lesion on the right side of the face. a phototmicrograph of the tissue obtained on the biopsy of the excised lesion is shown (it is a histologic picture). Use of which of the following is most likely to have prevented the development of this lesion.

A) Conjugated estrogen.
B) Isoniazid.
C) Sunscreen.
D) Tretinoin cream.
E) Triamcinolone cream.
F) Vit C.
G) Vit E cream.
probably C, its actinic keratosis
why you have selected C? is it for the prevension of UV ray from the sunlight??
if it is actinic keratosis (red sclay lesion on sun exposed area) then it is due to uvB and has the potential to develop into sqamous cell therefore use sunscreen to prevent uvb damage.
good possibility, i thought in the same way. but one of my friend called this might be a case of basal cell carcinoma & other said vit A would be the ans , because Vit A prevent the metaplasia. i did not agree with Vit A , because it prevents metaplaisa in the pulmonary system.

what is ur impression here.
vit a is good to prevent hyperkeratosis and onbe uses vit a..transretin in acne

and anyways actinic keratosis can be a premal for all 3 of the skin ca
vit A would take a long time and there is no suggestion that the person is deficient and you'd probably run into toxicity! plus actinic keratosis is much more common than vit A def.

basal cell would be a pearly papule with telangectasia in the middle...it depends on the picture but the description suggestions actinic/solar keratosis. If it were bcc, there would be no answer from the list that I can see.

hope that helps.
thank you boggart. i do agree with you.
Anyother comments plssss??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »