Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stop complaining -
a voice

you always found someone in this forum complaining about unfairness of USMLE to IMG. If you look other developed countries, eg UK, France, Australia, Canada, and many other european countries, these places rarely give any chance for IMGs to practice. As an IMG, I think that even though US is not perfect ( who is!), it is still the most generous country in the world for IMG, so STOP the negative comments, it is not good for anyone who want to practise here.
samurai

I agree 1000000 % !!
kk

I was about to put this kind of message.
I agree with it and wish every fmg/img realizes this fact.
Friend

Well I do not think any of the complainants has any doubts of USA being the best among those blatant white caucasian anglosaxons supremist Nations mentioned above. You are right on the scale of suffering meter, if there is such made by IMG's. Please do not gag IMG's from voicing their concerns by asking them to live in fools paradise e.g by writing USMLE from every corner of this earth,prometric centers are available everywhere in the world. Thats like hanging a carrot in front of the donkey, which is a revenue raising excercise not fairness of the system that you defend strongly. Many are left heart broken too, allow them to speak. IMG to this day do not realise USMLE and Visa are no more linked before lot of effort and money is wasted along with their precious time.There will lot of complaining soon.IMG must be told there are no guarantee for even completing the hurdles of ECFMG certificate as many are denied visa to US for CSA let alone residency training years and permanent residence in USA.
sag - sagjohn

I thougt this forum is for expression. some are some plases haven some not, so dont try to sufficate people.
Friend

Present day norm of control of any criticism in the nation's psyche is unhealthy. IMG from wherever they come from must to do a reality check of the hurdles of USMLE and their chances of resettlement in USA. This mentality of putting everyone as a beggar hence not a chooser is nonsensical.
an mg

i have to say that the us is generous in the sense that at least one has a chance to write the exam and if one is competent enough one can study here and make a life here .it is true that some other countries like canada make it next to impossible for an img to get residency there. seeing how well a life a doc can make in the us i guess it is justified that they decide what kind of quality they want in their medical profession.
.would you like your own countries to settle for anything less than the best ?
an img
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »