Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about the Good news? -
next year hopeful

It has been a pretty depressing match for the IMG's esp those with visa issues. Can the people who matched please raise their hands? So at least those who are hoping for next year's match would know if there's still future for IMG's in getting into residency positions? Thanks.
lisa

What I learnt from this american experience is that YOU HAVE TO BE PUSHY to get something, but very POLITE and EXPRESSIVE (show your personality, your desire to work).

I sent more than 50 thank you letters and emails for the 11 interviews I went to (to PD, to PC, to faculty attendings who interviewed me, chief resident or other residents) and another 10 follow-up letters at the end of January. Every letter was personalized with what was our conversation about.
I went for a second look to my best programs and again I worked on meeting more people, showed them my interest, got them to know me.

I worked hard to get my first choice and my advice is to find a way "to sell yourself "very good and you will get what you you hoped or dreamt!

Nothing is impossible!
Doc

Very impressive...thanks for your advice
Doc

Lisa could u please tell me what is the diff between externship and observership. I am an IMG , no GC, ecfmg certified..how can I get any us experience.. in california where did u do it? thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »